DVD Talk Forum - Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android) (2024)

Page 25 of 96

« First

<

15

23

24

25

26

27

35
75

>

Last »

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page


DVD Talk Forum(https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)

- Video Game Talk(https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)

- - (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/630297-star-wars-galaxy-heroes-ios-android.html)


pinata24202-10-16 04:34 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

New achievement when you unlock 7* Yoda nets 50 crystals, 500k credits, and 5 Vader shards.


DVD Josh02-10-16 04:44 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by pinata242(Post 12720773)

New achievement when you unlock 7* Yoda nets 50 crystals, 500k credits, and 5 Vader shards.

Well, it will only take you 2000 crystals to get what you need to do it, lol.


pinata24202-10-16 04:45 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

I was more happy about bonus Vader shards ;)


DVD Josh02-10-16 04:47 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by pinata242(Post 12720789)

I was more happy about bonus Vader shards ;)

I love Vader. I will use him pretty much nonstop when he hits 5*.


flashburn02-10-16 04:48 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by DVD Josh(Post 12720750)

Cantina is 10. Regular Energy is 20. Daily Activity reward is 25.

It's always been that way? I guess I've just never ran out until now.


pinata24202-10-16 04:55 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Some richer on FB has already posted a photo of a 5*, 71/85 "Rex".


DVD Josh02-10-16 05:01 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by pinata242(Post 12720802)

Some richer on FB has already posted a photo of a 5*, 71/85 "Rex".

One guy on the forums bragged about spending $10k on the game and said that he would probably spend $50k before all was said and done. Sounds like a trust fund baby.


chase300102-10-16 05:20 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by DVD Josh(Post 12720814)

One guy on the forums bragged about spending $10k on the game and said that he would probably spend $50k before all was said and done. Sounds like a trust fund baby.

For $50K, they could probably buy life size replicas of the characters they are looking for. -screwy-


pinata24202-10-16 06:20 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

I see rumblings of a $60 Jedi pack. 4* Anakin & 2* QGJ plus 55 QGJ shards (what?) and 25 Ashoka shards plus about $10 worth of crystals and other free sh*t.

Edit: Yep. Restart the app and it's there. Awful.


DVD Josh02-10-16 07:54 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by pinata242(Post 12720880)

I see rumblings of a $60 Jedi pack. 4* Anakin & 2* QGJ plus 55 QGJ shards (what?) and 25 Ashoka shards plus about $10 worth of crystals and other free sh*t.

Edit: Yep. Restart the app and it's there. Awful.

It's really just $30 for the characters and $30 worth of credits and crystals, but it's not a good deal. For $25, yes. Not for $60. The biggest problem is that while Anakin is a good toon, he's barely farmable. You are talking three upper level nodes to get 270 more shards to 7* him. WTF? If they added him to even Catina I would think more about it, but not this way.

Also, there is a known bug with it not even giving you the credits, so there's that too.

This game is becoming a real cash grab. I'll wait for another offer down the road on something else.


Gooter02-10-16 08:22 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

I give up trying to figure out GW. So I got past that PIA node, which was 3rd to last, and the last two were super easy.


DVD Josh02-10-16 08:25 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by Gooter(Post 12720979)

I give up trying to figure out GW. So I got past that PIA node, which was 3rd to last, and the last two were super easy.

See my earlier post. Intentional.


Groucho02-10-16 08:57 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Data mining has revealed that the next event may be a "Scoundrel" event for Han Solo.


DVD Josh02-10-16 09:01 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by Groucho(Post 12721002)

Data mining has revealed that the next event may be a "Scoundrel" event for Han Solo.

Don't worry, they will release a character pack for $75 with 15 Greedo shards, a 2* Lando, and a baby Chewie.


flashburn02-10-16 10:59 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

$60? They must be out of their god damn minds!


bippitty02-10-16 11:04 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

I've just seen a bunch of rage over the changes to how move order is calculated and the negative effect it's had on Poe without any mention of it beforehand. People demanding their cantina tokens back.


flashburn02-10-16 11:14 PM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

That's one reason why I'll never understand why people will dump so much money in games like this. Developers can easily (and often feel they need to) change things to make whatever you spent potentially a lot of money on worthless (or just worth less, whatever).


DVD Josh02-11-16 05:51 AM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by bippitty(Post 12721076)

I've just seen a bunch of rage over the changes to how move order is calculated and the negative effect it's had on Poe without any mention of it beforehand. People demanding their cantina tokens back.

The interesting thing is that Google Play has been VERY good about giving refunds over nerfs in this game. There are multiple reports of people getting back basically everything they've paid into it, and EA not really taking any action in response.


DVD Josh02-11-16 06:03 AM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Someone posted that instead of buying the pack, you could use $60 on crystals and use it exclusively on Catina, which will net you way more in the long run in terms of QGJ shards plus whoever else you are farming, in addition to droids, credits, and mats. Nice to see that in perspective.


19K02-11-16 08:01 AM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by DVD Josh(Post 12721153)

Someone posted that instead of buying the pack, you could use $60 on crystals and use it exclusively on Catina, which will net you way more in the long run in terms of QGJ shards plus whoever else you are farming, in addition to droids, credits, and mats. Nice to see that in perspective.

I don't know about that. Maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky, but I repeatedly burn through 100+ energy on Cantina battles and net maybe 1 or 2 character shards. I'm still trying to figure out how some of you have multiple 6 and 7 star characters, because I'm lucky if I get 5 shards a day for any 1 specific character. And yes I do use crystals to refresh the energy, and I do the hard battles when they're available for whatever character I'm trying to farm for. It's really becoming frustrating as hell. My squad arena rank has dropped from top 50 to barely under 300 because my A squad has become stagnant, and I'm having major problems unlocking/leveling up anyone that can keep me competetive. Im level 58 and chewbacca is still one of my strongest characters. It's pathetic. :lol:

I have Luminara and Sidious just like everybody else, but characters like Phasma, Dooku, Old Daka, Poggle, etc would probably give my lineup that little boost that I need... but I'm not even close to unlocking any of them. I have QGJ unlocked , but he's only 2 stars and not even close to making a difference. I think I was all over the place when I was starting out, and now I don't have any type of synergy in my lineup.


DVD Josh02-11-16 08:16 AM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by 19K(Post 12721197)

I don't know about that. Maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky, but I repeatedly burn through 100+ energy on Cantina battles and net maybe 1 or 2 character shards. I'm still trying to figure out how some of you have multiple 6 and 7 star characters, because I'm lucky if I get 5 shards a day for any 1 specific character. And yes I do use crystals to refresh the energy, and I do the hard battles when they're available for whatever character I'm trying to farm for. It's really becoming frustrating as hell. My squad arena rank has dropped from top 50 to barely under 300 because my A squad has become stagnant, and I'm having major problems unlocking/leveling up anyone that can keep me competetive. Im level 58 and chewbacca is still one of my strongest characters. It's pathetic. :lol:

I have Luminara and Sidious just like everybody else, but characters like Phasma, Dooku, Old Daka, Poggle, etc would probably give my lineup that little boost that I need... but I'm not even close to unlocking any of them. I have QGJ unlocked , but he's only 2 stars and not even close to making a difference. I think I was all over the place when I was starting out, and now I don't have any type of synergy in my lineup.

There is no doubt that RNG can be a real asshole. Try farming from different shards (don't just use your whole wad on one shard) and be willing to wait and come back later to see if the RNG resets or acts differently.

If you dedicate all of your resources to a single character, that would be better. Just put all GW tokens to Phasma and you'll probably open her by this weekend. All Catina tokens go to QGJ and you'll have him to 4* before you know it. Then things will get easier.


DVD Josh02-11-16 08:21 AM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

From Reddit, here are some preliminary Yoda findings:

1) With QGJ lead, Yoda will join the ranks of Fast Old Men And Women (151+23=174), thus following the SWGOH tradition of old people being faster than young ones; Dooku, Sidious, Daka > Ahsoka, Asajj. As Yoda is the oldest of them all, Yoda is of course the fastest of them all. (Old Daka is just name-sake)

2) First turn Ataru -(Foresight Intact)-> Battle Meditation -> Party-wide Foresight! (Take that suckers!)

3) BTW, Foresight is the strongest buff in game, allowing you to dodge next incoming attack

4) Let's do tick-by-tick analysis vs. Asajj for fun (Let's assume, for fun, that Asajj doesn't have her own speed leader skill and that Yoda receives one from QGJ)

6th Tick: Yoda (1000) takes his first turn, with Ataru, receives 25% turn meter boost; Asajj (516)
7th Tick: Yoda (1250+174=1424); Asajj (516+86=602)
8th Tick: Yoda (1598); Asajj (688)
9th Tick: Yoda (1772); Asajj (774)
10th Tick: Yoda (1946); Asajj (860)
11th Tick: Yoda (2120) takes his second turn, and spreads Foresight to all allies; Asajj (946)

5) Turn fast, the meta will.

6) Yoda will be the second hero (next to QGJ) to have more SPECIAL attacks than PHYSICAL one.

7) Yoda will be fourth hero to have 4x none-leader skill abilities (the others being: Asajj, Rey, Kylo)

8) Yoda will be the second hero to reach 6-tick-speed tier (the other being Leia with 152+23=175 speed)

9) Yoda is the third hero to have Foresight ability (the others being Resistance Pilot and Rey)

10) Yoda will be the first hero to have Tenacity Up ability

11) Yoda will be the first buff stealer hero

12) Yoda will be the first hero to have "Turn Meter upon Resist" leader skill


pinata24202-11-16 09:25 AM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Spoiler:

Update. Shard farming has dropped considerably from the campaign nodes.

Lumi 7* - Still complete. Now level 70. Abilities 7/7/7/6. Only a +25AGI gear away from being fully maxed for the current game.

JC 6* - 26/100 to 7*. Haven't got a single shard in 18 mission sims over the last two days! This will not do! WTF, CG?! ETA: infinity.

Mace 4* - 36/65 to 5*. Still doing 39 sims/day and getting 25-30% success rate. ETA: 4 days.

QGJ 4* - 31/65 to 5*. Getting 15 shards every other day through Cantina tokens due to frequent Mace sims. ETA: 3 days.

Eeth 4* - 5/65 to 5*. Getting 10 shards/day in Arena. ETA: 6 days.

I don't know what they did, if anything, to change the drop rate for shards, but I'm getting next to nothing now. In addition to nothing for JC in 2+ days, but I didn't get any Dooku shards over 6 attempts this morning either. I do think I got at least 1 yesterday, so that's something.

Other progress. Phasma is now 7* but I don't know who to farm in GW. Poggle, I guess, but I wish there were Scoundrels or Sith in there.

A-Team is now level 70 so it'll be nice to upgrade some other players now, especially since I can do the Tier V challenges for droids, credits, and mats!


Gooter02-11-16 09:35 AM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

I love it when the game gives me the option to borrow your heroes Pinata! ;)


DVD Josh02-11-16 09:59 AM

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by pinata242(Post 12721269)

Update. Shard farming has dropped considerably from the campaign nodes.

Lumi 7* - Still complete. Now level 70. Abilities 7/7/7/6. Only a +25AGI gear away from being fully maxed for the current game.

JC 6* - 26/100 to 7*. Haven't got a single shard in 18 mission sims over the last two days! This will not do! WTF, CG?! ETA: infinity.

Mace 4* - 36/65 to 5*. Still doing 39 sims/day and getting 25-30% success rate. ETA: 4 days.

QGJ 4* - 31/65 to 5*. Getting 15 shards every other day through Cantina tokens due to frequent Mace sims. ETA: 3 days.

Eeth 4* - 5/65 to 5*. Getting 10 shards/day in Arena. ETA: 6 days.

I don't know what they did, if anything, to change the drop rate for shards, but I'm getting next to nothing now. In addition to nothing for JC in 2+ days, but I didn't get any Dooku shards over 6 attempts this morning either. I do think I got at least 1 yesterday, so that's something.

Other progress. Phasma is now 7* but I don't know who to farm in GW. Poggle, I guess, but I wish there were Scoundrels or Sith in there.

A-Team is now level 70 so it'll be nice to upgrade some other players now, especially since I can do the Tier V challenges for droids, credits, and mats!

You are not the only one complaining about shard drop rates. Devs have posted several times that rates have not fallen and that one can expect on shards about a 25% drop rate. But the reality is that it really smells when numerous people indicate a drop in JEDI shard rate when you as EA know that people are farming like crazy to try and get Jedis for the Yoda event, buying more crystals for refreshes. JC in particular really seems to be a hard pull, several others have had the same experiences you have had. I'm holding him at 5* for now while I work on others from Catina (Mace esp.) So you are not alone in your sentiment.

Do not sleep on Poggle. He is sh*t for offense but his specials grant a massive offense up for the team.

But if you are looking for a good use of GW tokens, I would suggest the massive damage dealer IG-86. he pretty much destroys folks at higher star levels. Plus the nice thing is with login credits, you will already have 15 shards coming you for him (he's the COTM).

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Page 25 of 96

« First

<

15

23

24

25

26

27

35
75

>

Last »

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

DVD Talk Forum -  Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android) (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Francesca Jacobs Ret

Last Updated:

Views: 5901

Rating: 4.8 / 5 (48 voted)

Reviews: 95% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Francesca Jacobs Ret

Birthday: 1996-12-09

Address: Apt. 141 1406 Mitch Summit, New Teganshire, UT 82655-0699

Phone: +2296092334654

Job: Technology Architect

Hobby: Snowboarding, Scouting, Foreign language learning, Dowsing, Baton twirling, Sculpting, Cabaret

Introduction: My name is Francesca Jacobs Ret, I am a innocent, super, beautiful, charming, lucky, gentle, clever person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.